The Festival Delegate experience is truly one-of-a-kind: special and intimate. Interact with your favourite literary icons, mingle with friends from across the world, start conversations at lunch, savour an array of exciting events, open yourself up to new ideas in literature, art, and music.
- Entry to the Jaipur Literature Festival Hub at Diggi Palace (Entry and seating at session venues are on a first come, first served basis)
- Lunch at the Festival Hub in the exclusive Author & Delegate Area located adjacent to the front lawns (23rd – 27th January)
- Access to the Delegate Lounge to take a break from the crowds, sip a cup of tea or coffee and grab some complimentary refreshments on offer
- Access to The Baithak - On 24,25,26 January, from 2.30pm onwards, Delegates will be accorded priority seating at “The Baithak”.
- Free entry to all concerts at the Jaipur Music Stage - Hotel Clarks Amer (23rd - 27th January, 5:00pm onwards)
- Invite to our heritage events (Dates subject to change)
- A Festival Tote with the Festival Brochure and Program
- A special cocktail evening hosted exclusively for Festival Delegates at the Delegate Lounge. (Date subject to change)
- Morning Music
- Breakfast & Chai
- Heritage walks (these have to be booked in advance as they can accommodate very limited numbers)
- Literature sessions
- Evening tea & snacks
- Evening Music & Dinner
- All transportation (car and boat)
- An invitation to the MKF Gala Opening Reception
About The Festival
The Greatest Literary Show on Earth
Described as the ‘greatest literary show on Earth’, the Jaipur Literature Festival is a sumptuous feast of ideas.
The past decade has seen it transform into a global literary phenomenon having hosted nearly 2000 speakers and welcoming over a million book lovers from across India and the globe.
Our core values remain unchanged: to serve as a democratic, non-aligned platform offering free and fair access.
Every year, the Festival brings together a diverse mix of the world’s greatest writers, thinkers, humanitarians, politicians, business leaders, sports people and entertainers on one stage to champion the freedom to express and engage in thoughtful debate and dialogue.
Writers and Festival Directors Namita Gokhale and William Dalrymple, alongside producer Teamwork Arts, invite speakers to take part in the five-day programme set against the backdrop of Rajasthan’s stunning cultural heritage and the Diggi Palace in the state capital Jaipur.
Past speakers have ranged from Nobel Laureates J.M. Coetzee, Orhan Pamuk and Muhammad Yunus, Man Booker Prize winners Ben Okri, Margaret Atwood and Paul Beatty, Sahitya Akademi winners Girish Karnad, Gulzar, Javed Akhtar, M.T. Vasudevan Nair as well as the late Mahasweta Devi and U.R. Ananthamurthy along with literary superstars including Amish Tripathi, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Vikram Seth. An annual event that goes beyond literature, the Festival has also hosted Amartya Sen, Amitabh Bachchan, the late A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, Oprah Winfrey, Stephen Fry, Thomas Piketty and former president of Afghanistan, Hamid Karzai.
The Jaipur Literature Festival is a flagship event of Teamwork Arts, which produces it along with over 25 highly acclaimed performing arts, visual arts and literary festivals across more than 40 cities globally.
Teamwork Arts also produces JLF at the British Library, JLF Colorado, JLF Houston, JLF New York, JLF Adelaide, and for the first time in 2019, JLF Belfast and JLF Toronto.
Hotel Diggi Palace, Jaipur
Diggi House, Shivaji Marg, C-Scheme,
Panch Batti, Sangram Colony, Ashok Nagar,
Jaipur, Rajasthan 302004
From Jaipur Air Port - 12 Kms.(20-30 mins) drive
From Jaipur Railway Station - 4 Kms(10-15mins) drive
From Bus Stand - 4 Kms.(10-15 mins) drive